The symposium is designed for corporate financial executives from both private and public companies who desire an update on the more important financial accounting and reporting developments over the past year. The program also will discuss other important topics impacting the responsibilities of the audience.
Those who have attended past sessions have pointed out that one advantage of the program is that it includes technical compliance topics, along with discussions of prominent practices in financial leadership. Speakers are leading executives from industry, accounting and legal professions who are involved with the issues every day. They will address recent technical pronouncements and guidance from the FASB and SEC. In addition, they will share with participants their experiences in dealing with some of the more important leadership issues that have helped their companies compete more effectively in today's environment.
forwardable business case to send to your leadership team for approval to attend the Symposium.
Topics covered include:
- Keynote Addresses from journalist Bob Woodward and former ESPN Executive Chairman George Bodenheimer
- Status of Standard Setting Process
- FASB Current Developments
- Economic Outlook
- Combined User/Preparer/Standard Setter - Panel Discussion
- Washington Legislative Update
Break-out choices include:
- Industry-Specific Break-out Sessions on Implementing the New Revenue Recognition Standard
- Accounting for Leases
- Accounting for Financial Instruments
- Accounting for Income Taxes
- Accounting Change
- Cyber Security
- SEC/COSO/PCAOB Updates for Public Companies
- Regulatory and Internal Control Updates for Private Companies
Note: View this year's CPE-eligible agenda
12/4-5 Las Vegas
Level of Knowledge:
Field of Study:
Management & Organization; Economics
Group Live, Instructor-Led Course
George Bodenheimer, former ESPN Executive Chairman
Bob Woodward, Pulitzer Prize-winning Journalist/Author and Associate Editor, The Washington Post
Mark Bielstein, Partner, Department of Professional Practice, KPMG LLP
Paul Munter, Partner, Department of Professional Practice, KPMG LLP
Attend Any 2 Executive Education Courses Per Person and Save!*
Apply coupon code COMBO300 at checkout to receive $300 off the combined purchase price.
Discounts Available for Groups of 3 or More Registering for the Same Session!*
For more information, call 201-505-6062 or email email@example.com.
* Discounts cannot be combined and must be applied at time of initial registration.
** Tuition price includes daily breakfast, lunch, and morning and afternoon refreshments.