This intensive, two-day course is intended to provide an overview and an understanding of
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and includes by topic a discussion of the key differences between IFRS and U.S. GAAP for selected areas.
It is designed for financial executives of U.S. subsidiaries of foreign companies, as well for executives of U.S. domiciled companies interested in accessing capital markets outside the United States which require the preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS. Past sessions received excellent marks from attendees for both the extent of the topics covered and the practical knowledge of the presenters.
Integrated into the program is discussion of significant non-accounting considerations that must be considered, such as the impact on systems, processes, and controls when transitioning from U.S. GAAP to IFRS. In addition, sufficient time has been reserved for Q&A.
Note: For more depth on select topics, we highly recommend combining this course with the one-day
IFRS Workshop - Practical Application and Comparison to U.S. GAAP, and taking advantage of our combination discount.
12/8-9 New York
Venue and Hotel Details
- General IFRS
- IFRS Framework
- IFRS in the United States
- Presentation of financial statements
- First-time Adoption of IFRS
- Financial Instruments
- Derivatives and Hedge Accounting
- Pensions and Postretirement Benefits
- Income Taxes
- Derecognition/Transfers of Financial Instruments
- Intangible Assets
- Revenue Recognition
- Provisions, Contingent Liabilities, and Contingent Assets
- Debt vs. Equity Classification
- Consolidation, Equity Method Investees, Joint Ventures
- Impairment of Long-Lived Assets
- Business Combinations and Non-controlling Interests
- Conversion to IFRS
Knowledge of Basic Accounting
Level of Knowledge:
Field of Study:
Group Live, Instructor-Led Course
Partners and Senior Managers from KPMG’s Department of Professional Practice
“The instructors were very knowledgeable and I really like the fact that they interacted with us during lunch and breaks.” – Financial Reporting Manager, Large Developer of Medical Devices
* Discounts cannot be combined and must be applied at time of initial registration.
** Tuition price includes daily breakfast, lunch, and morning and afternoon refreshments.