Offered via KPMG Executive Education, IFRS - Practical Application and Comparison to U.S. GAAP is an intensive three-day course that is designed to provide an understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), some of the key differences between IFRS and U.S. GAAP and what is required to reconcile those differences.
It is designed for financial executives of U.S. subsidiaries of foreign companies, as well as for executives of U.S. domiciled companies interested in accessing capital markets outside the United States which require the preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS. Past sessions received excellent marks from attendees for both the extent of the topics covered and the practical knowledge of the presenters.
Additional dates to be announced.
Venue and Hotel Details
- General IFRS
- IFRS Framework
- IFRS in the United States
- Financial Instruments
- Share-Based Payments
- Derivatives and Hedge Accounting
- Pensions and Postretirement Benefits
- Income Taxes
- Derecognition/Transfers of Financial Instruments
- Intangible Assets
- Property, Plant, and Equipment & Discontinued Operations
- Revenue Recognition
- Provisions, Contingent Liabilities, and Contingent Assets
- Debt vs. Equity Classification
- Investment Property
- Consolidation, Equity Method Investees, Joint Ventures
- Impairment of Long-Lived Assets
- Business Combinations and Noncontrolling Interests
- Subsequent Events/Events after the Reporting Period
- IFRS 1
- IFRS for Small and Medium-Sized Entities
- Financial Instrument Disclosures
- Presentation of Financial Statements
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Conversion to IFRS
Knowledge of Basic Accounting
Level of Knowledge:
Field of Study:
Group Live, Instructor-Led Course
Partners and Senior Managers from KPMG’s Department of Professional Practice
“The instructors were very knowledgeable and I really like the fact that they interacted with us during lunch and breaks.” – Financial Reporting Manager, Large Developer of Medical Devices
* Discounts cannot be combined and must be applied at time of initial registration.
** Tuition price includes daily breakfast, lunch, and morning and afternoon refreshments.