This intensive, two-day course is intended to provide an overview and an understanding of
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and includes by topic a discussion of the key differences between IFRS and U.S. GAAP for selected areas.
It is designed for financial executives of U.S. subsidiaries of foreign companies, as well for executives of U.S. domiciled companies interested in accessing capital markets outside the United States which require the preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS. Past sessions received excellent marks from attendees for both the extent of the topics covered and the practical knowledge of the presenters.
Integrated into the program is discussion of significant non-accounting considerations that must be considered, such as the impact on systems, processes, and controls when transitioning from U.S. GAAP to IFRS. In addition, sufficient time has been reserved for Q&A.
5/12-13 New York
6/18-19 San Francisco
- General IFRS
- IFRS Framework
- IFRS in the United States
- Presentation of financial statements
- First-time Adoption of IFRS
- Financial Instruments
- Derivatives and Hedge Accounting
- Pensions and Postretirement Benefits
- Income Taxes
- Derecognition/Transfers of Financial Instruments
- Intangible Assets
- Revenue Recognition
- Provisions, Contingent Liabilities, and Contingent Assets
- Debt vs. Equity Classification
- Consolidation, Equity Method Investees, Joint Ventures
- Impairment of Long-Lived Assets
- Business Combinations and Non-controlling Interests
- Conversion to IFRS
Knowledge of Basic Accounting
Level of Knowledge:
Field of Study:
Group Live, Instructor-Led Course
Partners and Senior Managers from KPMG’s Department of Professional Practice
“The instructors were very knowledgeable and I really like the fact that they interacted with us during lunch and breaks.” – Financial Reporting Manager, Large Developer of Medical Devices
Register Early and Save!*
Reserve your seat in any session before midnight on April 30, 2015 and apply coupon code SPRG15WEBSITE at
checkout to receive $100 off the purchase price.
Attend Any 2 Executive Education Courses Per Person and Save!*
Apply coupon code COMBO300 at checkout to receive $300 off the combined purchase price.
Discounts Available for Groups of 3 or More Registering for the Same Session!*
For more information, call 201-505-6062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Discounts cannot be combined and must be applied at time of initial registration.
** Tuition price includes daily breakfast, lunch, and morning and afternoon refreshments.